The primary purpose of iCharity is ‘to promote charity in India; to boost philanthropic participation by corporates and to encourage mass participation in charity via easy to use, transparent charity portal’. As a significant part of this endeavor, iCharity enlists various NGOs working for the upliftment of underprivileged in India and provide them a platform to communicate their missions and goals to large a base of donors and supporters to raise funds for their projects.
- The NGO should be working in India in the sectors of Education, Children, Health Care, Elderly, Skill Development, Special Needs, Women Empowerment and Environment.
- The NGO should be making a tangible impact in its chosen area/sector.
- The NGO should have valid 12A, 80G certificates (and 35AC, if applicable).
- The NGO should be willing to provide complete utilization feedback on each donation/fund.
- The NGO must not work for the benefit of a particular religious community or caste.
- Adherence to Credibility Alliance Norms for Public Disclosure.